Creamy Garlic Pasta
There aren’t many foods that I love more than pasta and garlic. If you’re like me, you’re going to absolutely love this homemade Creamy Garlic Pasta recipe! The whole family will be asking for more! Serve it with some Crispy Asparagus Fries on the side and call it a complete meal.
Creamy Garlic Pasta Recipe
8 oz mini pasta shells
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp flour
3/4 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp parsley flakes
Add water to a large saucepan and let it come to a boil. Add in the pasta and boil for 10 minutes. Drain the shells with a strainer in the sink and let them sit there.
Over medium heat in the same pan, melt the butter, add the olive oil and mix together. Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds (do not let the garlic stay still and turn golden/brown or else you’ll have to start over, so keep stirring!)
Add your flour and stir for about a minute. Now, add the chicken broth and milk, stirring until thick and bubbly (about 4-5 minutes). Please remember to continue to stir the entire time or your sauce may burn.
Stir in the cheese, garlic powder, parsley flakes, and pasta and mix until incorporated. Serve hot and top with parsley flakes and extra Parmesan to taste.
This recipe was adapted from Iowa Girl Eats recipe with minimal changes and it is absolutely delicious!
T-fal A85724 Specialty Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Handy Pot Saucepan with Glass Lid Cookware, 3-Quart, GrayTedGem 2 Pack Collapsible Colanders Set, Food-Grade Silicone kitchen Strainer Space-Saver Folding Strainer Colander, Dishwasher SafeBIA Cordon Bleu Stoneware Fluted 16 ounce Bowl – Teal – Set of 4
- 8 oz mini pasta shells
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- Add water to a large saucepan let it come to a boil.
- Add in pasta and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Drain your pasta with a strainer and let it sit there.
- In the same pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds (do not let the garlic turn golden/brown or else you'll have to start over!)
- Add flour and stir for about a minute.
- Add chicken broth and milk, stirring until thick and bubbly (about 4-5 minutes.)
- Stir in cheese, garlic powder, parsley and pasta, mixing thoroughly.
- Top with additional parsley flakes and more parmesan to taste.