These Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins are a delicious way to welcome fall! Moist pumpkin muffins with simple ingredients, these will be a huge hit!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
These Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins are the perfect treat for pumpkin season! A little bit quick bread and a little bit cheesecake, you really can’t go wrong here!
While you may be familiar with the Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, this is not a copycat recipe. While those have a center of cheesecake filling, this pumpkin spice muffin recipe has a cream cheese swirl topping and lots of rich flavors. I know I’m biased, but I really think these are the best pumpkin muffins.
There are all kinds of pumpkin desserts that you can make during the fall season, but these are super versatile. Serve them as a delicious fall breakfast or dessert, sell them at an autumn school bake sale, or freeze them and thaw them out whenever you need a tasty treat.
The best part about these delicious pumpkin cream cheese muffins is that while you may see a bunch of ingredients, this easy recipe is something anyone can tackle. All of the ingredients are easily found at your grocery store and while many of us think of pumpkin as a fall flavor, you can continue to make this great recipe all year round.
- You shouldn’t need to use a hand mixer to combine your pumpkin muffin batter or sweet cream cheese filling, but you can if you want. Do not use higher than medium-low speed.
- Be sure to add the delicious cream cheese filling swirl once the pumpkin batter has been added to each paper cup. If you try to add it before, you will have too much in some muffins and not enough in others.
How To Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin Recipe:
Pumpkin Muffin Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
15 oz 100% canned pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Cheesecake Swirl Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 standard muffin tins 12 ct
16 muffin liners
1 medium mixing bowl
1 large mixing bowl
1 large whisk
1 rubber spatula
1 toothpick or butter knife
Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin Directions:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line two muffin tins with a total of 16 muffin liners. If you don’t have a muffin liner pack handy, spray the tins well with nonstick spray.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together your flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
Step 3: In a large bowl, mix together your pumpkin puree, sugar, and brown sugar.
Add your eggs, oil, and vanilla to the large mixing bowl and beat it all together.
Slowly mix your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until the batter is smooth.
Step 4: Fill the lined muffin cups 3/4 full of pumpkin muffin batter. Scrape any remaining batter into cups with a rubber spatula and set the tin aside.
Step 5: In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla together.
Step 6: Pour 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of each muffin.
Step 7: Insert a toothpick about halfway into the top of the cream cheese dollop. Swirl the pumpkin mixture and the cheesecake batter together until you see some of the orange batter come to the top. (If you don’t have a toothpick available, you can carefully use a butter knife.)
Step 8: Let the muffins bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
How To Store Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
Do not leave your homemade cheesecake pumpkin muffins out for more than a few hours, as the cream cheese component needs to be kept cool.
Can I Turn These Into Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins?
Yes! Follow the exact instruction, but add one cup of chocolate chips to the pumpkin batter before you distribute it into the paper cups. This will yield closer to 20 muffins (or 16 very tall muffins), so make sure you pay attention to how much batter you’re putting in each cup.
Can I Freeze These Incredible Muffins?
Yes! After baking, allow your muffins to cool to room temperature. Put them into a freezer bag, release as much air as you can, and freeze for up to 3 months. It’ll definitely help you save on Starbucks muffins!
Are You Looking For More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
- Easy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Caramel Cookies with Toffee
- Chewy And Spiced Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake With Cinnamon Streusel Topping
Muffin Tin, 12-Well Nonstick Cupcake Pan, Set of 2, TAOUNOA Heavy Duty Steel Muffin Pan.Rachael Ray Yum -o Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Tin With Grips / Nonstick 12-Cup Cupcake Tin With Grips – 12 Cup, GrayGifbera Natural Odorless Cupcake Liners Standard Greaseproof Paper Muffin Baking Cups 200-Count, Natural ColorReynolds Baking Cups, Pastel – 50 CountPyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece Set, Nesting, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe)Makerstep 1000 Wooden Toothpicks Ornate Handle in Toothpicks Holder Container 2 Packs of 500, Good for Craft, Party, Cocktail Picks, Cleaning Teeth, Appetizer.
Pumpkin Muffin Base:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15 oz 100% canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line two muffin tins with a total of 16 muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together your pumpkin puree, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add your eggs, oil, and vanilla to the large mixing bowl and beat it all together.
- Slowly mix your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Fill the lined muffin cups 3/4 full of pumpkin muffin batter and set it aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla together.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture over the top of each muffin.
- Using a toothpick, swirl the pumpkin mixture and the cheesecake batter together until you see some of the orange batter come to the top.
- Let the muffins bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set Kitchen Utensils for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Black Set of 5
Rachael Ray Yum -o Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Tin With Grips / Nonstick 12-Cup Cupcake Tin With Grips - 12 Cup, Gray
Gifbera Natural Odorless Cupcake Liners Standard Greaseproof Paper Muffin Baking Cups 200-Count, Natural Color
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 213mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietitian. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.