This No-Bake Ambrosia Pie is an easy twist on a vintage classic! With the unique flavors of fruit cocktail combined with your favorite cream pies, this will be a huge hit!
Fruit Cocktail Pie
If you are looking for simple recipes that anyone can make in the kitchen, you have to try this No-Bake Ambrosia Pie! With basic ingredients that you can find at any grocery store, this is a great way to impress your guests!
Many of us have grown up knowing the goodness of ambrosia salad from holiday picnics and barbecues, but have you tried it in pie form? With only a few minutes of prep, this is one of the pie recipes that you’ll keep coming back to.
Using a tasty graham cracker crust and what is basically a fruit salad, you can turn this family favorite into something fresh and fun.
Put together the no-bake pie base in a mixing bowl, have your graham cracker crusts ready, and refrigerate. The kids will love this fruit cocktail pie recipe and you’ll love how easy recipes can be.
- You will want to use cheesecloth or a mesh sieve to help remove liquid from the fruit.
- This recipe makes 2 pies. If you want to make one pie, you can either get a larger pie crust to fit all of the filling or half the recipe.
- If you are going to be eating the pie in hot weather, freeze it beforehand. It makes a delicious frozen pie!
How To Make Ambrosia Pie
2 graham cracker pie crusts 6 oz
1/2 block cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz
1/4 cup sour cream
1 can crushed pineapple 20 oz
1 can mandarin oranges 11 oz
1 jar maraschino cherries without stems 16 oz
1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
2 cups mini marshmallows
3/4 container whipped topping
Unwrap your pie shells, leaving them in the pie tins. Set them aside.
In a large bowl and using an electric hand mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Add the sour cream and beat the mixture until it is smooth and combined, about 30 seconds.
Use a cheesecloth or mesh sieve to drain as much pineapple juice and mandarin juice as you can from the pineapples and oranges. Add them to the bowl.
If you are using a mesh sieve, use the back of a large spoon to press the fruit to remove the most liquid. The less liquid you have left over, the less liquidy the pie will be.
Drain the cherries and set aside 8 – 10 to top the pie. Add the rest to the mixing bowl.
Add your coconut and marshmallows. Beat the mixture with the electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
Add the Cool Whip and fold it in until it is well combined.
Pour the entire mixture into each pie crust. You should now have two full ambrosia pies.
Refrigerate both pies overnight or at least 8 hours to let the pie form.
Once you are ready to serve, add whipped cream and the remaining cherries to the top of your pie. Cut and enjoy!
Note – this delicate pie will not do well for very long at room temperature, so if it is not all eaten, refrigerate what is left over until you plan to serve another slice of pie.
What Do I Do If I Don’t Have Cheesecloth Or A Sieve?
Squeezing the juice out of your fruit is a very important part of this no bake pie, so don’t skip this step.
You can use any strainer or sieve of any size. Pour your fruit into it and use a wooden spoon to push down and strain any extra juice.
If you don’t have either of those, use a pasta colander. It will typically be larger in size, so you may want to use your fingers to push on the fruit in this situation.
Can I Use Fruit Cocktail Instead Of Individual Fruits?
Yes! If you would prefer to open two cans of fruit cocktail instead of all of the individual fruits, you can. You will have slightly different fruits in your fruit pie, but they’ll still taste great with all of the other simple ingredients.
Remember that you have to drain fruit cocktail the same way you would have to drain the individual fruits, using a sieve, cheesecloth, or a kitchen colander.
Are You Looking For More Delicious Dessert Recipes? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
- Fluffernutter Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
- Raspberry Shortbread Cookies With Lemon Glaze
- Orange Muffins With Fresh Orange Zest
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake With Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- No-Bake Samoas Cheesecake Cups
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 5) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set – Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, PreppingCOOK WITH COLOR Mixing Bowls – 4 Piece Nesting Plastic Mixing Bowl Set with Pour Spouts and Handles (Ombre Blue)OXO Good Grips 3- Piece Wooden Utensil Set4 Pieces Silicone Nonstick Mixing Spoons, High Heat Resistant,Cooking Baking Spoons Set, Cooking Spoon for Mixing , Baking, Stirring, Turning, Scraping for KitchenBLACK+DECKER 6-Speed Hand Mixer with 5 Attachments & Storage Case, MX3200BKitchenAid 9-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk – Candy Apple Red
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts 6 oz
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 can crushed pineapple 20 oz
- 1 can mandarin oranges 11 oz
- 1 jar maraschino cherries without stems 16 oz
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3/4 container whipped topping
- Whipped cream
- Using an electric hand mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sour cream and beat until smooth and combined, about 30 seconds.
- Use a cheesecloth or mesh sieve to drain as much liquid as you can from the pineapples and oranges and add them to the bowl. The less liquid, the less liquidy the pie will be.
- Drain your cherries and set aside 8 - 10 to top the pie. Add the rest to the bowl.
- Add the coconut and marshmallows to the bowl. Beat with the mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add whipped topping and fold it in until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and/or cherries if desired. Cut and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Piping Bags, Pastry Bags 12 Inch 100pcs, Disposable Icing Piping Pastry Bags For Cookie/Cake Decorating Supplies, Anti Burst And Non-Slip Thicken Cake Decorating Bags.
Electric Hand Mixer, Bonsenkitchen Powerful Handheld Mixer with 5-Speed 300W Turbo Heavy Duty Motor, Storage Base Lightweight 4 Stainless Steel Accessories for Whipping Cream, Flour, Food Beater
Silicone Nonstick Mixing Spoons Set 2, High Heat Resistant, Hygienic Design Cooking Baking Spoons Set for Stirring, Mixing and Serving,Red and Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2gSugar: 43gProtein: 4g
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietitian. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.