Baked Parmesan Crusted Shrimp is the perfect recipe when you need a quick dinner. With simple ingredients and lots of flavor, the entire family will love it!
Parmesan Breaded Baked Shrimp
If you’re looking for the easiest way to get everyone fed and you’re searching for easy shrimp recipes, you have to try my Baked Parmesan Crusted Shrimp!
With only a handful of ingredients, you can have juicy shrimp with a crunchy parmesan crust at your fingertips for the eating.
This wonderful recipe is not only delicious, but it’s super easy to cook for a quick weeknight dinner. It doesn’t take tons of time to prepare and should be hot and ready in half an hour.
While these are excellent to eat all by themselves, this shrimp parmesan recipe can also be added to a big salad, shrimp pasta, or a shrimp sandwich (although you’ll want to cut off the tails first!).
An easy meal or great appetizer, this oven-baked parmesan shrimp recipe is going to be a great addition to your regular meal plan. You’re going to love them!
- Cooking times will vary if you use uncooked shrimp instead of precooked shrimp.
- If you don’t have butter spray available, you can use olive oil or avocado oil spray. That said, butter spray is preferable.
- If you are out of panko breadcrumbs, use crushed cracker crumbs, crushed tortilla chips, or matzo meal instead. You can use regular breadcrumbs, but the texture may not be as crispy.
- Add some red pepper flakes to the breadcrumb and cheese mixture if you want to add a kick.
- Make sure that the parmesan cheese mixture sticks to the shrimp by pushing it on with your fingers just a bit. It will hold better while baking.
- These go great with a little fresh lemon juice squeezed over the top!
How To Make Baked Parmesan Crusted Shrimp
Baked Parmesan Crusted Shrimp Ingredients:
1 lb precooked shrimp, thawed
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour
Nonstick butter cooking spray
Aluminum foil or parchment paper
Large sheet pan
2 small bowls
Small whisk or fork
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
Step 2: Rinse your shrimp under running cold water for a few minutes, pat them dry with a paper towel, and set them aside.
Step 3: Spread your panko bread crumbs onto the prepared baking sheet.
Spray them with a nonstick butter cooking spray and bake them for a few minutes until they’re golden brown.
Step 4: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together your toasted breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Set it aside.
Step 5: In a separate small bowl, whisk your eggs gently and set the bowl aside.
Step 6: In a third small bowl, measure and add your flour.
Step 7: Spray your lined baking tray with nonstick cooking spray and turn the oven up to 450 degrees.
Step 8: Line up your bowls so that the flour bowl is first, the egg bowl is second, and the breadcrumb mixture bowl is third.
Step 9: With each shrimp, first coat it with flour.
Step 10: Dunk it into your whisked eggs, letting any excess drip off.
Step 11: Once fully coated with flour and then egg, cover your shrimp in the bread crumb mixture.
Step 12: Place your prepared shrimp in a single layer on the greased baking sheet.
Step 13: Place the baking pan into the hot oven for 10 minutes, being sure to turn the shrimp at the 5-minute mark.
Serve with some cocktail sauce, in a big salad, or over some angel hair pasta with lemon wedges, and enjoy!
How To Store Leftover Baked Parmesan Crusted Shrimp
Store any leftover shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can I Reheat Baked Parmesan Crusted Shrimp In The Microwave?
Yes! Using the microwave is usually the fastest option for reheating anything and this shrimp recipe is no different. That said, you have to be careful not to overcook your shrimp or they will become rubbery and unappetizing.
The best way to reheat your shrimp in the microwave is by laying what you want on a plate and microwaving in 15-second increments until they are hot enough. Be careful not to overcook!
Can I Use My Air Fryer Instead Of The Oven For This Recipe?
Yes! The easiest way to do this is to skip the step where you toast the panko. Spray your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
Dip all of your shrimp in the three bowls to coat them fully and place them in the basket in a single layer. Set the air fryer to 425 for 4 minutes before opening the basket and turning them over. Cook for another 3 minutes and test the shrimp. Cook for another minute if needed.
What Size Shrimp Should I Use For This Recipe?
Since the exact measurements and labels for shrimp can be different across different brands, look for the size of the shrimp that looks the most standardly like large shrimp. These will sometimes be labeled jumbo shrimp even though they are a regular size.
Smaller shrimp like popcorn shrimp will change the cooking time and be more difficult to coat, so opt for something larger.
Can I Use Frozen Shrimp For This Recipe?
Yes! You can either use frozen or refrigerated shrimp for this simple shrimp dish. Just make sure that whatever kind of shrimp you get are precooked tail-on deveined shrimp and you’ve chosen correctly.
Run your shrimp under cold water to make sure that they are fully thawed before moving to the next step.
Can I Use Other Types Of Cheese Instead Of Parmesan For This Recipe?
Yes! While this recipe calls for grated fresh parmesan cheese or shreds from a bag, if you aren’t able to get it or you’d prefer not to use it, you can choose Romano cheese instead.
Romano is similar to the parmesan flavor and texture, but it is a bit more intense. Know that if you make this swap, your crispy shrimp will taste a little bit different than they would with parmesan.
I would not use a softer cheese or while your shrimp bakes, you’ll have melted mozzarella or cheddar cheese that has fallen onto the baking dish with very little left on the shrimp.
Are You Looking For More Delicious Seafood Recipes? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
- Sheet Pan Salmon And Green Beans With Sweet Potatoes
- Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil In The Oven
- Shrimp And Crab Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Hot Honey Shrimp (Only 15 Minutes!)
Luminarc Stackable Bowl 10-Piece Set, Glass, 1, ClearCOOK WITH COLOR Mixing Bowls with Lids – 12 Piece Plastic Nesting Bowls Set includes 6 Prep Bowls and 6 Lids, Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl Set (Teal)Goodcook Nonstick Steel 3-Piece Cookie Sheet Set, LargeOXO Good Grips Large Silicone Flexible Turner, Stainless SteelWhisks for Cooking, 3 Pack Stainless Steel Whisk for Blending, Whisking, Beating and Stirring, Enhanced Version Balloon Wire Whisk Set, 8Porlien Classic Square 20-ounce Bowls Set of 3
- 1 lb precooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Rinse your shrimp under running cold water for a few minutes, pat them dry with a paper towel, and set them aside.
- Spread your panko bread crumbs onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray them with a nonstick butter cooking spray and bake them for a few minutes until they're golden brown.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together your toasted breadcrumbs, shredded parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Set it aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk your eggs gently and set the bowl aside.
- In a third small bowl, measure and add your flour.
- Spray your lined baking tray with nonstick cooking spray and turn the oven up to 450 degrees.
- Line up your bowls so that the flour bowl is first, the egg bowl is second, and the breadcrumb mixture bowl is third.
- With each shrimp, first coat it with flour and then dunk it into your whisked eggs, letting any excess drip off.
- Once fully coated with flour and then egg, cover your shrimp in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place your prepared shrimp in a single layer on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, being sure to turn the shrimp at the 5-minute mark. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 556Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 221mgSodium: 863mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietitian. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.