Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts With Almonds is an easy side dish that everyone will love! With crispy brussels sprouts, crunchy almonds, and lots of flavor, these are the best brussels sprouts you’re going to find!
Sweet And Savory Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
If you’re looking for a delicious side dish that the entire family will enjoy, look no further than these Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts with Almonds!
Using simple ingredients that you can get at any grocery store, this will easily become one of your favorite ways to make brussels sprouts.
Brussels sprouts tend to get a bad rap, and I can understand why. These little green cabbages have a bit of an earthy, nutty flavor that not everyone enjoys right off the bat. But give them another chance!
This easy pan-fried side dish has as much flavor as you’d be looking for from any other veggie side and is the perfect way to get your taste buds back into the brussel sprout game.
This healthy recipe is an excellent option for busy weeknights any time of year or even for your holiday or Thanksgiving dinner.
- If you are using pre-packaged sliced or chopped almonds, you will need approximately 1/8 cup.
- You can use pine nuts instead of almonds in a pinch.
- Add a few shakes of red pepper flakes to your pan-fried brussel sprouts to add a little bit of kick.
- You can use a stainless steel or cast iron skillet for this easy recipe.
- If you are using a full pound of brussels sprouts, you will want to double the rest of the ingredients.
How To Make Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts With Almonds
Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts With Almonds Ingredients:
8 – 10 oz brussels sprouts
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion flakes
6 – 7 almonds, chopped
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Salt (to taste)
Clean your fresh brussel sprouts by removing any wilted outer leaves and washing them under water.
Chop off the tough base of each of the fresh sprouts and then slice each of the little cabbages in half.
Bring water to a boil in a large pot with a pinch of salt. Make sure that you are using enough water to cover all of the brussels sprouts.
Cook the halved brussels sprouts for 5 minutes in the boiling water.
Drain the vegetables in a colander and set them aside.
In a large frying pan on low heat, heat the olive oil. Add the brussel sprouts and saute for 5-7 minutes until they have turned slightly golden brown.
Once the sauteed brussel sprouts are cooked through, add the onion flakes, garlic powder, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, and almonds to the hot skillet, mix, and let it cook for 2-5 minutes.
Remove your pan-seared brussels sprouts from the heat and add the honey. Stir to combine thoroughly.
Transfer the contents to a serving dish, serve hot, and enjoy!
How To Store Leftover Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts With Almonds
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How Much Salt Should I Use In This Sautéed Brussel Sprouts Recipe?
This is a bit of a subjective question, which is why the recipe states “to taste.” Some people will enjoy more than others, so here is my suggestion for the first time you make them so that you will have a good plan for next time.
Once you’ve added all of the ingredients to the pan, add a sprinkling of salt. Finish cooking everything and do a taste test.
Add a bit more if you’d like, but be careful not to oversalt. People can always add more at the table.
Can I Add Bacon To This Great Side Dish?
Yes! While this easy sautéed brussels sprouts recipe is vegetarian, it would be very easy to add bacon.
Cook your bacon in a pan, reserving the bacon fat to add to the hot pan with brussels sprouts. Chop the cooked bacon into pieces.
Once you add the brussels sprouts to their pan and cook them for a couple of minutes, add the bacon drippings, and continue to sauté for another 3-5 minutes.
Continue with the rest of the recipe, adding the bacon when you add the almonds. Voila! A brussels sprouts and bacon recipe that is perfect at any time of the year.
Don’t want to go through the trouble of pan frying your bacon? Cook some crispy bacon in the microwave and chop it into bacon bits or make some Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops as a quick main and get your bacon flavor there.
Are You Looking For More Delicious Side Dishes? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes with Bacon and Doritos
- Curry Roasted Cauliflower
- Southwest Pasta Salad with Chipotle Dressing
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus on the Grill
- Asparagus Puff Pastry Tarts with Horseradish Cream
Extra Large Cutting Boards, Plastic Cutting Boards for Kitchen (Set of 3), Dark GreyHome Hero Kitchen Knife Set – 7-Pcs Ultra-Sharp High Carbon Stainless Steel Knives Set – Non-Stick Coated Chef Knife Set with Ergonomic HandlesYIHONG 6 Pcs Plastic Mixing Bowls Set, Colorful Serving Bowls for Kitchen, Ideal for Baking, Prepping, Cooking and Serving Food, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, RainbowCollapsible Colander, Set of 2 PCS Collapsible Strainer, Space-Saving Kitchen Strainer, Food-Grade Silicone Folding Strainer Colander with Handle,7.7ONEMORE Large Serving Platters, 15 inch Serving Plates Set of 2, Ceramic Platters for Serving Food, Oven Safe Serving Trays and Platters for Entertaining Party, Creamy WhiteUnicook 2 Pack Flexible Silicone Spatula, Turner, 600F Heat Resistant, Ideal for Flipping Eggs, Burgers, Crepes and More, Black
- 8 oz brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 7 almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Clean your fresh brussel sprouts by removing any wilted leaves and washing them under water.
- Chop off the tough base of each brussels sprout. Slice each one in half.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot with a pinch of salt. Make sure that you are using enough water to cover all of the brussels sprouts.
- Cook the halved brussels sprouts for 5 minutes in the boiling water.
- Drain the vegetables in a colander and set them aside.
- In a large pan on low heat, heat the olive oil. Add the brussel sprouts and saute for 5-7 minutes until they have turned slightly golden brown.
- Once the sauteed brussels sprouts are cooked through, add the onion flakes, garlic powder, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, and almonds and let it cook for 2-5 minutes.
- Remove your pan-seared brussels sprouts from the heat and add the honey. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
All-Clad 00485005996 E785S264/E785S263 HA1 Hard Anodized Nonstick 8 10-Inch Fry Pan Cookware Set, 2-Piece, Black
Aquiver 12" Ceramic Platters - White Rectangle Serving Plates for Party Food, Sushi, Fruits, Snacks, Appetizer, Taco, Desserts, Entertaining Guests, Set of 4 (Creamy White)
KitchenAid Universal Tool Set, 6 Piece, Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 8.6gSaturated Fat: 1.2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 11.1gFiber: 2.7gSugar: 6gProtein: 2.7g