Grilled Corn And Avocado Salad With Feta Cheese is the perfect side dish for the warm weather! With sweet corn, creamy avocado, a savory dressing, and a little kick, this summer salad will be a huge hit with the entire family.
Spicy Grilled Corn Salad With Avocado
If you’re looking for a great way to build that fresh summer produce into your meals or summer BBQs, you have to try my Grilled Corn And Avocado Salad With Feta Cheese!
This healthy summer corn salad is full of bright flavors and fresh herbs and makes a great addition to any outdoor gathering or to round out a full meal at home.
While the list of ingredients may look long, you have most of them in your spice cabinet or can easily pick them up at your local grocery store. Grill your sweet summer corn, mix everything up in a bowl and you’ve got a delicious recipe that everyone will love.
- Be sure to fully husk your fresh corn and remove all of the silky fibers before cooking.
- You can use fresh lemon juice instead of fresh lime juice in this recipe.
- Use a white onion, yellow onion, green onions, or red onions based on your personal preference.
- While the ingredients list only calls for 2-3 tablespoons of feta cheese, you can always add more to the salad mixture.
- The corn cobs can be cooked on an outdoor grill, an indoor grill, on a grill pan, or in a skillet on the stove.
- Serve this as an easy side dish or with some tortilla chips for scooping.
How To Make Grilled Corn And Avocado Salad
Grilled Corn And Avocado Salad Ingredients:
2 ears of corn, husked
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 cloves garlic, grated
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 medium onion, chopped
1 ripe avocado, pitted and cubed
1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 – 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
Large cutting board
Large cast-iron skillet or grill
Large mixing bowl
Wooden spoon or kitchen spoon
Step 1: Take out a cutting board and chop your onion, jalapeno, basil, mint, and cilantro. Pit and chop your avocado into cubes. Set them all aside.
Step 2: On a hot grill or in a large cast-iron skillet on the stove, add two ears of corn and cook them undisturbed for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat or until the bottoms are lightly charred.
Step 3: Turn them and continue cooking at 3-4 minute intervals, until the corn is charred on all sides. Set them aside and allow them to cool for a minute.
Step 4: In a medium bowl, prepare the dressing by combining olive oil, mayo, garlic, chili powder, lemon juice, basil leaves, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
Step 5: Carefully cut the cooked corn kernels from each corn cob and transfer them to a large bowl along with the avocado cubes, onions, jalapeno, cilantro, and mint. Stir to combine everything.
Step 6: Pour the cilantro dressing over your salad and toss it to mix thoroughly. Pour everything into a salad bowl.
Step 7: Add crumbled feta cheese to the top. Serve with some lime wedges and enjoy!
How To Store Leftover Grilled Corn And Avocado Salad
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. If there is minimal avocado left, it will last for a few additional days, but the avocado will brown quickly.
Is This Corn Avocado Salad Very Spicy?
There is some spice from both the chili powder and jalapeno, but removing the jalapeno seeds and ribs will omit the majority of the capsaicin, which is where the pepper gets most of its spice.
Can I Add Anything Else To This Great Salad?
Yes! This Avocado Corn Salad recipe is fantastic just the way it is, but you can always add a few more fresh ingredients if you want to serve a crowd.
If you want to keep this a vegetarian salad, the easiest additions are black beans or diced cherry tomatoes. One word of caution – choose just-ripe tomatoes. If you have juicy tomatoes, all of the extra juice may change the flavor of the salad.
You can also easily add diced chicken breast to turn this into a main dish.
Are You Looking For More Tasty Salad Recipes? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
- Easy Italian Hoagie Salad
- Southwest Pasta Salad With Chipotle Dressing
- Dill Pickle Potato Egg Salad
- Easy Cranberry Chicken Salad
The Original Gorilla Grip Durable Kitchen Cutting Board Set of 3, BPA Free, Large Dishwasher Safe Reversible Plastic Boards, Nonslip Handle and Border, Deep Grooves, Chopping Food, Cooking, BlackChef Knife – Kitchen Knives, 8 inch Chef’s Knife, 4 inch Paring Knife, High Carbon Stainless Steel with Ergonomic HandleLodge Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder, 12-inchHamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill with Adjustable Temperature Control to 450F, Removable Nonstick Grate, 118 sq. in. Surface Serves 6, Stainless SteelCOOK WITH COLOR Mixing Bowls – 4 Piece Nesting Plastic Mixing Bowl Set with Pour Spouts and Handles (Ombre Blue)OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Wooden Spoon Set,Brown
- 2 ears of corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and cubed
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 - 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Take out a cutting board and chop your onion, jalapeno, basil, mint, and cilantro. Pit and chop your avocado into cubes. Set them all aside.
- On a hot grill or in a large cast-iron skillet on the stove, add two ears of corn and cook them undisturbed for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat or until the bottoms are lightly charred.
- Turn them and continue cooking at 3-4 minute intervals, until the corn is charred on all sides. Set them aside and allow them to cool for a minute.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the dressing by combining olive oil, mayo, garlic, chili powder, lemon juice, basil leaves, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Carefully cut the corn kernels from the cob and transfer them to a large mixing bowl along with the avocado cubes, onions, jalapeno, cilantro, and mint. Stir to combine everything.
- Pour the dressing over your salad and toss it to mix thoroughly. Pour everything into a serving bowl.
- Add crumbled feta cheese to the top and enjoy!
You can cook and char your corn on a grill or in an cast-iron skillet on the stove.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
MICHELANGELO Knife Set, Sharp 10-Piece Kitchen Knife Set with Covers, Multicolor Knives, Stainless Steel Knives Set for Kitchen, 5 Rainbow Knives & 5 Sheath Covers
Ninja FG551 Foodi Smart XL 6-in-1 Indoor Grill with Air Fry, Roast, Bake, Broil & Dehydrate, Smart Thermometer, Black/Silver
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece Set, Nesting, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietitian. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.