Black Bean Salad
This Black Bean Salad with avocado is a perfect side dish for next lunch, dinner or barbecue! A great way to get some extra protein and healthy fats, you can slip this side into the meal and know what a benefit you’re providing for everyone’s diet! This recipe does have red pepper flakes to give it a little kick, so if you aren’t a fan of heat in your food, you may want to cut that in half or omit it altogether. Serve this with some Macaroni Egg Salad as an additional side or on sandwiches!
Black Bean Salad Recipe
1 can black beans 15-16 oz, drained and rinsed
4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 avocado, deseeded and diced into cubes
In a medium sized bowl, add your rinsed black beans, extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. Mix ingredients thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes so that the flavors can marry.
After half an hour, take your bowl out of the fridge, add the diced avocados, and gently mix. Serve immediately or put back into the fridge until you are ready to serve. This will serve approximately six people, but you may want to make double if you think everyone will be having hearty portions.
- 1 can black beans 15-16 oz, drained and rinsed
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 avocado, deseeded and diced into cubes
- In a medium sized bowl, add black beans, extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Cover, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add diced avocados to the black bean mix and gently mix.
- Serve and enjoy!