Avocado Cilantro Garlic Hummus is a healthy dip that will be ready in minutes! An easy recipe that combines creamy avocado, fresh cilantro, spicy jalapeno, and tart lime for a delicious twist on traditional hummus.
Avocado Cilantro Lime Hummus
If you’re looking for a simple homemade hummus with tons of fresh flavor, you have to try my Avocado Cilantro Garlic Hummus! A classic hummus recipe with the addition of avocados, cilantro, and garlic, you get some healthy fats while satisfying your taste buds.
This creamy avocado hummus recipe is incredibly easy to make, takes only a few minutes, and has basic ingredients that you can get at most grocery stores. It is also vegan by nature, so it is the perfect snack for any occasion or any company you have over.
This versatile dip can be served with pita bread or chips, as hummus avocado toast on a piece of multi-grain bread, or as an avocado hummus sandwich. Enjoy!
- Chickpeas are the same thing as garbanzo beans, so a can with either label will work.
- Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula in the middle of using the food processor once or twice. This will ensure that everything gets blended fully.
- If you’d like to add garnish to the top of the hummus you can, but it is optional.
- Add some red pepper flakes to bring this spicy cilantro avocado hummus to the next level of spice.
- If you don’t have a food processor available, you can use a large high-speed blender instead.
- You can easily make a double batch by using two cans of garbanzo beans, two ripe avocados, and doubling the rest of the ingredients.
How To Make Avocado Cilantro Garlic Hummus
Avocado Cilantro Garlic Hummus Ingredients:
1 fresh avocado
1 can chickpeas 16 oz, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3-4 whole garlic cloves
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin seed
Juice from 1 lime
Sesame seeds, cilantro, avocado, jalapeno (optional garnish)
Large food processor
Kitchen spoon or rubber spatula
Medium serving bowl
Step 1: Using a large food processor, add the pitted avocado, canned chickpeas, olive oil, jalapenos, cloves of garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, and cumin seed.
Step 2: Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl of the food processor.
Step 3: Blend everything until it is a smooth consistency. Taste test to see if you’d like to add any additional salt.
Step 4: Add your avocado hummus to a medium serving bowl and spread it out.
Step 5: Add a drizzle of olive oil to the top and garnish the creamy dip with sesame seeds, jalapeno slices, and/or cilantro.
Serve it with some Baked Za’atar Pita Chips, raw veggies, or your favorite tortilla chips!
How To Store Leftover Avocado Cilantro Garlic Hummus
Store any leftover avocado hummus dip in an airtight container or the serving dish wrapped tightly with a piece of plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can I Freeze Avocado Cilantro Garlic Hummus?
While you can freeze avocado hummus, it is best eaten fresh. Avocado browns quickly and doesn’t last for very long without preservatives, so you are best off not freezing it.
If you want to freeze it anyway, place your delicious dip in a freezer-safe container, leaving some room at the top in case it expands. Once you are ready to take it out (within a month or two), allow it to thaw in the refrigerator and consume it as soon as possible.
Can I Substitute The Cilantro With Another Herb?
Yes! While this is an avocado cilantro hummus, not everyone loves the flavor of cilantro. If you are one of those people, you can substitute the fresh cilantro with fresh parsley. It will be close, but maybe a better choice for you.
Can I Make This Creamy Hummus Without Garlic?
Yes! If you don’t have fresh garlic available, you can substitute garlic powder or dried minced garlic in a pinch. Be sure to taste test for the best flavor.
If you don’t enjoy garlic, you may want to add a little bit of onion or shallots to enhance the flavor.
Are You Looking For More Delicious Appetizer Recipes? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
- Easy Italian Hoagie Dip
- Polenta Bites With Apple And Gorgonzola
- Easy Monte Cristo Sliders
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles
GE Food Processor | 12 Cup | Complete With 3 Feeding Tubes & Stainless Steel Accessories – 3 Discs + Dough Blade | 3 Speed | Great for Shredded Cheese, Chicken & More | Kitchen Essentials | 550 WattsOXO Good Grips 3-Piece Wooden Spoon SetMikasa Glass Napoli Chip and Dip Set, 11-Inch, 2-Piece, ClearHamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Slicing, Shredding, Mincing, and Puree, 10 Cups + Easy Clean Bowl Scraper, Stainless Steel (70730)OXO Good Grips Nylon Spoon, Black13 inch Ceramic Chip & Dip Platter, Oval Chip and Dip Serving Dish, Divided Serving Platter Perfect for Appetizer, Dessert, Guacamole, Hummus, Veggies, Candy and Snacks
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 can chickpeas 16 oz, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jalapenos
- 3-4 whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- Juice from 1 lime
- Sesame seeds, cilantro, avocado, jalapeno (optional garnish)
- Using a large food processor, add the avocado, chickpeas, olive oil, jalapenos, cloves of garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, and cumin seed.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime into the bowl of the food processor.
- Blend everything together until it is smooth. Taste test to see if you'd like to add any additional salt.
- Add your avocado hummus to a medium serving bowl and spread it out.
- Drizzle with some additional olive oil and garnish with sesame seeds, jalapeno slices and/or cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pack of 2 Large Silicone Cooking Spoon Non Stick Solid Basting Spoons Heat-Resistant Kitchen Utensils for Mixing Serving (Gray-Blue)
Cuisinart FP-11GM Elemental 11 Cup Food Processor, Gunmetal
YHOSSEUN Tierd Serving Bowl Set Porcelain Chip and Dip Serving Set 2 Tier Serving Stand Ceramic Appetizer Serving Food Display Stand for Parties, Entertaining Food Service
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 328mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 6gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietitian. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.