This Easy Spinach and Mushroom Quiche is a delicious dish that takes only 15 minutes to put in the oven! With fresh ingredients and a creamy filling, everyone will enjoy this savory tart!
Fresh Spinach And Mushroom Quiche
If you’ve ever had a really good quiche, you know that it is a dish to rave about, but it takes time to make. That’s where this Easy Spinach and Mushroom Quiche comes in! Using one simple shortcut, you can have this fantastic meal in the oven in no time!
With sautéed mushrooms and spinach, a creamy egg custard topped with cheese, and a flaky crust, you can make this spinach quiche recipe for a baby shower, Sunday brunch, or a Tuesday dinner.
One of the best things about this simple tart is that you can assemble it ahead of time and bake it when you get home on a busy weeknight. Serve your quiche with a side salad and you’re ready to eat!
- There should be no need to grease the tart pan, as the high butter content in the pie crust should provide enough coating to keep the bottom of the pie crust from sticking.
- You can choose to bake the quiche in the disposable tin that your pre-made pie crust comes in instead of using your own tart pan.
- This is meant to be an easy quiche recipe, so if you don’t have cheddar cheese, you can replace it with shredded Swiss cheese or mozzarella cheese in a pinch.
- If you would prefer to make a homemade crust instead of using a store-bought pie crust, you can.
How To Make Easy Spinach And Mushroom Quiche
Easy Spinach And Mushroom Quiche Ingredients:
1 frozen pie crust, thawed
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
4 cups fresh spinach
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup heavy whipping cream
6 large eggs
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Large tart pan
Large frying pan
Wooden spoon or flexible spatula
Medium or large mixing bowl
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Remove the thawed pie crust from the metal container it comes in and very carefully press it into the large tart pan.
Step 2: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the fresh mushrooms and sauté them until they’re becoming tender.
Step 3: Stir in the garlic and spinach and sauté until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Step 4: Pour the mushroom mixture into the prepared pie crust and spread it into an even layer.
Step 5: Top the mushroom and spinach mixture with 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
Step 6: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
Step 7: Pour the egg mixture into the pastry shell, filling it almost to the top. There may be some leftover egg mixture. If so, simply discard it or keep it for another recipe.
Step 8: Sprinkle the top with the rest of the shredded cheese.
Step 9: Cover the top loosely in aluminum foil and bake your quiche in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Step 10: Remove the tin foil and bake at the same oven temperature for another 15 minutes or until the quiche is cooked through and the crust is golden brown.
Serve hot and enjoy!
How To Store Leftover Spinach And Mushroom Quiche
Store any leftovers in the baking dish covered tightly in plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze Leftover Spinach And Mushroom Quiche?
Yes! Quiche is one of those recipes that freezes beautifully, but it is best frozen before cooking. Take the whole quiche in a 9-inch pie dish or tart dish, cover it tightly in aluminum foil and plastic wrap, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Once ready, move the frozen quiche to your refrigerator to thaw for 36-48 hours. If you have placed it in the freezer raw, when you bake it, it will be just like it would have baked the day you assembled it.
You can freeze already cooked quiche, but keep in mind that reheating it may make the eggs more rubbery and you may have trouble getting a crispy pie shell.
Can This Delicious Quiche Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Yes! Assemble the quiche and freeze (for up to 3 months) or refrigerate it (for up to 48 hours). Allow the quiche to thaw fully, let it warm on the counter for an hour, and follow the baking instructions in the original recipe.
How Can I Best Reheat My Quiche?
The best way to reheat quiche is in the oven. If your quiche is already cooked, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, remove the quiche from the refrigerator, and let it naturally warm closer to room temperature. Bake it for 15-18 minutes and enjoy.
If your quiche has been frozen whole, allow the quiche to thaw in the refrigerator for 48 hours, allow it to sit on the counter for an hour before baking, and then follow the baking instructions in the original recipe for the best results.
Can I Use Frozen Spinach Instead Of Fresh?
While you can use frozen spinach in this spinach mushroom quiche recipe, you are best off using fresh. The biggest concern is the extra water content that you will have with frozen spinach, so in order to make sure that the bottom of the crust stays crunchy and doesn’t get soggy, squeeze out as much water as possible before adding it to the skillet.
Can I Add Any Other Ingredients To This Quiche?
Yes! You can easily add a few other fresh veggies to the skillet mixture like chopped bell peppers or chopped sweet onion. Just be careful not to make the vegetable mixture too much larger so that everything fits inside your quiche. You may need to use a little bit less spinach and mushrooms to accommodate.
You can also add a higher quality cheese like gruyère cheese or goat cheese in the middle of the quiche for a separate addition of flavor.
Are You Looking For More Delicious Breakfast Recipes? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
- Microwave Omelette In A Mug
- Red, White, And Blue Breakfast Bowl
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Easy Bacon Wrapped Egg Cups
Zenker Non-Stick Carbon Steel Flan/Tart Pan, 11-Inch, greyTosnail 9.5Whisks for Cooking, 3 Pack Stainless Steel Whisk for Blending, Whisking, Beating and Stirring, Enhanced Version Balloon Wire Whisk Set, 8YIHONG 7 Piece Mixing Bowls with Lids for Kitchen, Stainless Steel,Ideal for Baking, Prepping, Cooking and Serving Food, Nesting Metal Bowls for Space Saving StorageOXO Good Grips Small Silicone Flexible Turner BlackOXO Good Grips 3-Piece Wooden Spoon Set,Brown
- 1 frozen pie crust, thawed
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Remove the thawed pie crust from the metal container it comes in and very carefully press it into the large tart pan. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the mushrooms and sauté them until they're becoming tender.
- Stir in the garlic and spinach and sauté until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mushroom mixture into the prepared pie crust and spread it into an even layer.
- Top the mushroom and spinach with 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy whipping cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust, filling it almost to the top. There may be some leftover egg mixture. If so, simply discard it or keep it for another recipe.
- Sprinkle the top with the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Cover the top loosely in aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the quiche is cooked through and the crust is golden brown. Serve hot and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
T-fal Specialty 3 PC Initiatives Nonstick Inside and Out, 8", 9.5", 11", Black
Tosnail Set of 3 Non-stick Quiche Pan Tart Pan Pie Pan with Removable Loose Bottom, 12", 10", 8"
Gorilla Grip Mixing Bowls Set of 2, Slip Resistant Rubber Bottom, Nesting Baking Bowl, Soft Wide Handle, Easy Pour Spout, Electric Mixer and Dishwasher Safe, Kitchen Essentials, 5 QT, 3 Quart, Sky
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 526Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 268mgSodium: 514mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietitian. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.