Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
Sometimes you need an easy vegetarian appetizer recipe in your back pocket that looks fancy, but is so basic that you can prepare it in minutes. This no-meat Easy Stuffed Mushrooms recipe is fantastically simple to prepare and you may even have all of the ingredients in your refrigerator as we speak! If you’re also looking for an easy dessert, try these No-Bake Truffles!
Easy Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
8 oz package of fresh, whole mushrooms
8 oz chive and onion cream cheese spread container (room temperature)
Parmesan or Romano cheese, fresh grated (to taste)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and pull out a glass baking dish. You can make these in a metal dish as well, but you’ll likely be more successful with glass if you have it. Wash your mushrooms and remove the stems. Place your room temperature cream cheese in a bowl and stir until creamy (should only take a few stirs, you just want to loosen it up from the molded form).
Pyrex Basics Clear Oblong Glass Baking Dishes, 2 Piece Value Plus Pack SetInternational Silver Arabesque Frost Stainless Steel Flatware, 20-Piece Set, Service for 4Baker’s Secret Signature Oblong Rectangular Pan 13
Using a regular spoon, take a spoonful of cream cheese and fill the mushroom where the stem was. Place them cap-side down in your glass baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes. At right about the 17 minute mark, take your mushrooms out and sprinkle the tops with your grated cheese. Bake for the last five minutes or until the tops have begun to brown. Serve warm (not necessarily hot) for your best results. Enjoy!
- 8 oz package of fresh, whole mushrooms
- 8 oz chive and onion cream cheese spread container (room temperature)
- Parmesan or Romano cheese, fresh grated (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Place room temp cream cheese in a bowl and stir (as this makes it easier for the next step).
- Using a regular spoon, take a spoonful of cream cheese and fill the mushroom where the stem was.
- Place cap side down in a glass baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- At approximately 17 minutes, sprinkle the tops with fresh grated cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until the tops have begun to brown.
- Serve warm.