This skillet chicken recipe is flavorful and easy to make! Using your typical skillet and only four ingredients, you’ll have a fantastic dinner! I love cast iron skillet meals because they are always so full of flavor. Everything is crispy, and they’re always so pretty. In our house, especially when it comes to dinner, simplicity is key. Meals are even better when they only involve one skillet because I can throw everything into one place and call it a day rather than mess with several pots and pans.
Skillet Chicken Recipe
4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 stick butter
1 to 2 cups flour (for breading)
1 cream of mushroom soup can 22.6 oz
1/4 cup green onions (optional)
Heat your butter in a 12″ cast iron skillet. Dip your chicken breasts in flour (no egg needed!) and heat them in the skillet for 5 minutes on each side. If you have large chicken breasts, just cut them in half before placing them in the flour and then in the skillet.
Place a few paper towels on a large plate and set aside. After your chicken has cooked for 5 minutes on each side, remove it from the skillet and place on the paper towels.
Pour your cream of mushroom soup into the skillet (so that it covers the bottom) and add the chicken back in. Allow the soup and chicken to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Make sure your chicken is cooked thoroughly before removing and serve. If you want to add a bit of a kick, top with green onions. Enjoy!
Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet (12.5 inch) by Utopia KitchenPre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Silicone Hot Handle Holder – 12.5 inch – by Utopia KitchenSimple Chef Cast Iron Skillet 3-Piece Set – Best Heavy-Duty Professional Restaurant Chef Quality Pre-Seasoned Pan Cookware Set – 10
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 to 2 cups flour (for breading)
- 1 cream of mushroom soup can 22.6 oz
- 1/4 cup green onions (optional)
- Heat butter in a 12" cast iron skillet.
- Dip and cover your chicken in flour and heat in the skillet for 5 minutes on each side.
- Place a few paper towels on a large plate and set aside.
- After chicken has cooked for 5 minutes on each side, remove from skillet and place on paper toweled plate.
- Pour cream of mushroom soup into skillet and add the chicken back in.
- Allow soup and chicken to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Make sure your chicken is cooked thoroughly before removing and serve.
- Add optional green onions for extra kick.