Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
For a busy parent, making dinner can sometimes be a daunting task. This super easy Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken is something you can throw into your crockpot, set it and forget it! Use your favorite barbecue sauce, pick up some buns and the store, set some rice in a rice cooker, make some quick coleslaw, and you’ve got dinner when you get home from work! Need a quick vegetable to go with your meal? Try out my Crispy Asparagus Fries!
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Recipe
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed)
2 cups BBQ sauce (your favorite)
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 cup water
Season your thawed chicken breasts with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place them in the slow cooker and add the water to the bottom. Cook on low for 4 -5 hours.
Remove the cooked chicken breasts and, with two forks or meat claws, begin to shred them apart. Do this on a plate, a cutting board or the easiest place for you.
After they’re all shredded, return the chicken to the slow cooker bowl and add your BBQ sauce. Continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes. Serve on toasted buns and add more BBQ sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Cool-Touch Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, Stainless SteelCrock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel , SCCPVL610-SMcCormick Fine Garlic Powder, 21 ozMorton Season-All Seasoned Salt 35ozAmazon Brand – Happy Belly Organic Onion Powder, 18-OunceLauKingdom BBQ Meat Claws, Barbecue Bear Paws Meat Handling Shredder Claws, Black
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed)
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (your favorite)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Season thawed chicken breasts with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Place in slow cooker and add 1/4 cup water to the bottom.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts and place on a cutting board.
- With two forks, shred the chicken breasts apart.
- After shredded, return them to the slow cooker bowl and add your BBQ sauce.
- Continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- Serve on toasted buns and add more BBQ sauce to taste.