Easy Doritos Chicken Tenders
If these easy Doritos Chicken Tenders don’t have your children eating their dinner, I don’t know what will! This is a crazy easy recipe that you can make for dinner or lunch in a matter of minutes. Besides, you likely already have all of the ingredients in your kitchen already!
While my daughter will eat almost anything, my son is extremely picky. If the food doesn’t look just right or has too many ingredients, he’ll pass in a heartbeat. Which is where these Doritos chicken tenders come in to save the day! He loves chips, he will eat chicken strips if they “look right,” and so, these are often an answer to our dinner.
What’s more, this is the perfect recipe to let your kids help with if they enjoy being in the kitchen with you. Set up a little assembly line, give them an apron and let them get to work! Crushing the Doritos and “painting” the chicken with mayo should be a lot of fun for them.
Easy Doritos Chicken Tenders Recipe
1 large bag of Doritos (I used Nacho Cheese, but you can use any flavor)
2 small trays chicken breast tenders or breast cut into strips
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and get all of your ingredients ready to use.
The amount of chips needed for the recipe will depend on how many chicken strips you intend to make, so you’ll have to gauge that amount at the time, but the ingredients above should give you a good guide to start with.
When the chips are small enough, pour them into a shallow dish. Pull out a baking sheet and set it next to your chicken and Doritos setup.
Once coated, place your chicken strips on the ungreased baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes.
Ziploc Gallon Slider Storage Bags, 96 CountGood Cook Classic Wood Rolling PinWilton 570-1121 Easy Flex 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set, BlueX-Chef Silicone Pastry Brushes Set of 4, Heatproof Grill Brushes for BBQ Meat, Cakes Pastries, Sausages, Dishwasher Safe, Flexible, Easy Clean, FDA ApprovedVremi 3 Piece Baking Sheets Nonstick Set – Professional Non Stick Sheet Pan Set for Baking – Carbon Steel Baking Pans Cookie Sheets with Red Silicone Handles – has Quarter and Half Sheet PansPyrex Basics Clear Glass Baking Dishes – 2 Piece Value-Plus Pack – 1 Each: 3 Quart Oblong, 2 Quart Square
You may want to use a paper plate for the mayo step for easy cleanup, but you can also use a cutting board or anything handy if you’re not concerned about dishes. Either way, you’ll have some easy Doritos Chicken Tenders ready before you know it!
You can experiment with different flavored Doritos or different dipping sauces as well. Try barbecue sauces, ranch dressing or even a Thai sweet chili sauce for variety! Enjoy!
- 1 large bag of Doritos (I used Nacho Cheese, but you can use any flavor)
- 2 small trays chicken breast tenders or breast cut into strips
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and pull out a large baking sheet.
- Pour your Doritos into gallon size re-sealable bag and use a rolling pin to crush the large chips into small bits. When the chips are small enough, pour them into a shallow dish.
- Pull out a baking sheet and set it next to your chicken and Doritos setup.
- Using a rubber spatula, "paint" each chicken tender with mayonnaise and then immediately press both sides of the chicken into the crushed Doritos.
- Once coated, place your chicken strips on the ungreased baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can experiment with different flavored Doritos or different dipping sauces as well. Try barbecue sauces, ranch dressing or even a Thai sweet chili sauce for variety!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Zicome Set of 4 Silicone Pastry Basting Grill Barbecue Brush - Solid Core and Hygienic Solid Coating - 4 Bright Colored Red, Blue, Orange, Green - 8-3/4 Inch Long
- Bakeware Set, Krokori Rectangular Baking Pan Ceramic Glaze Baking Dish for Cooking, Kitchen, Cake Dinner, Banquet and Daily Use - Aquamarine, 3 Pack of Rectangular
- Gibson Elite 102123.16RM Barberware 16 Piece Dinnerware Set, Turquoise
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 457mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 6g