Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
If we’re being honest, most of us can agree that any buffalo chicken recipe or tater tot casserole recipe is perfect for all seasons. That’s why my Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole is about to be your new dinner favorite! This easy one dish meal has something for everyone! Pair this with my Caramel Apples Snickers Salad to turn it into a complete meal!
Looking for another casserole? Try my Tater Tot Casserole with cream of chicken!
Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
1/2 of 1 roasted chicken, skinned and torn into small pieces
1/2 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
1 bag frozen tater tots
1/4 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 cup Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
8 oz Mexican blend cheese
small bunch parsley or scallions (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Use a pre-bought rotisserie chicken from the grocery store or make some roasted chicken of your own and cut it into pieces. Spread those across the entire bottom of your casserole dish.
In a small bowl, combine and mix the Frank’s Buffalo Sauce and the Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. Pour about half of the sauce over the chicken pieces in the casserole dish. Put 1/2 cup chopped bacon on top of the sauce and half of the scallions (if desired) on top of that.
Layer your frozen tater tots on top of the bacon and scallions and pour the rest of your sauce over the tater tots. Make sure that you have covered as many as possible with the sauce. Top these with the rest of the bacon and scallions (if desired).
Finish with a layer of shredded cheese. You’ll bake the casserole for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you are bringing your dish to a party (or enjoy the flavor), you might want to top your casserole with parsley. It’ll add some color and decoration for you!
This casserole is super tasty and should feed six to eight people depending on how much everyone eats, although I would air on the side of six. People will be chowing down on this Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole recipe and it’ll be gone before you know it!
- 1/2 of 1 roasted chicken, skinned and torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- 1/4 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 cup Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
- 8 oz Mexican blend cheese
- small bunch parsley or scallions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut up chicken and spread pieces across the bottom of casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the Frank's Buffalo Sauce and the Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing. Stir to mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of the sauce over the chicken pieces.
- Place half of the scallions (if desired) and 1/4 cup chopped bacon on top of the sauce covering the chicken.
- Layer the frozen tater tots in single rows on top of the bacon.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the tater tots, making sure to cover as many as possible..
- Add the rest of the chopped bacon and scallions (if desired).
- Layer the top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Top with bits of parsley if desired.