This easy Keto Breakfast Bowl with avocado is the perfect start to your morning! One of the protein packed breakfast recipes for a great day!
Low Carb Keto Breakfast Bowl
When you’re looking for easy protein meals, hunt no further than for what you can have to start your day. This easy Keto Breakfast Bowl is protein-packed and full of healthy fats, but also gluten-free and Atkins friendly. A great fit for so many lifestyles!
I have always said that I need to start the day with protein. I’m not someone who can have breakfast foods like a sweet roll and coffee or I never feel like I’ve truly woken up for the rest of the day. So protein is the perfect way to start the day.
This keto breakfast recipe is something that you can alter to your tastes, but you’ll want to make sure to keep it a protein packed breakfast in order to give yourself the most bang for your buck (so to speak).
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and this is one of those keto breakfast ideas that everyone will love, whether they’re on the keto diet or not.
- To save yourself a little bit of extra time, you can use a separate skillet for the eggs and bacon instead of using the same one twice.
- You can meal prep the night before if you scramble your eggs and cook the bacon strips.
- This easy breakfast recipe makes enough for one person, so be sure to double or triple the recipe and place it in separate bowls if you are serving more.
- While this keto recipe calls for using whole eggs, you can choose just to use the egg whites or the egg yolks. Don’t let your diet stop you from trying this great breakfast!
How To Make Easy Keto Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Keto Breakfast Bowl Ingredients:
2 eggs (size of your choice)
2 tablespoon butter
1/2 avocado, sliced
3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup salsa (optional)
sour cream (optional)
Large nonstick skillet
Step 1: In a large skillet, melt the two tablespoons of butter on medium heat.
In a separate bowl, scramble the two fresh eggs. Place the scrambled eggs into the skillet and cook to your preferred texture.
Once cooked, place your fluffy eggs into the bottom of a soup bowl. If you prefer a fried egg, you can make those as well.
Step 2: Top the eggs with the shredded cheese.
Step 3: Wipe out the frying pan and cook your bacon to your liking. Chop and crumble it. Top the shredded cheese with your crispy bacon.
If you’re in a hurry, you can use a separate pan for this step so that you can cook your eggs and bacon at the same time.
Step 4: Slice your creamy avocado and then place the slices on top of the bacon.
Step 5: Top with salsa and a dollop of sour cream and you’re done!
How To Store Leftover Keto Breakfast Bowls
Store any leftover egg breakfast bowls in their bowl wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
One great tip is to make two or three portions so that you don’t have to worry about cooking any breakfast recipe the next day!
Can I Change The Ingredients In This Low-Carb Breakfast Bowl?
While this low carb breakfast bowl is delicious just as it is, you can add your favorite toppings or change things up a bit.
Add some cauliflower rice to the bottom or cut up and cook some bell peppers if you’d like to get some extra veggies in.
Sprinkle it with some hemp seeds or chia seeds for some extra nutrients. Add a little garlic powder, black pepper, Italian seasoning, or red pepper flakes to add a different flavor next time you make it.
Use keto sausage, turkey bacon, deli ham, mozzarella cheese, or American cheese instead of bacon and cheddar. The point is, this is a super universal and healthy breakfast that you can tweak to your personal preference so that you don’t get bored.
I’m Not Really Into Breakfast Bowl Recipes. What Can I Do?
There are a few things! If you don’t have time to sit down to breakfast at the table but are watching your eating habits, are on a low carb diet, or want to avoid fast food breakfasts, turn the whole thing into a handheld option!
Using a keto English muffin or keto bread, pile all of your simple ingredients on and serve yourself and the family breakfast sandwiches. Or use a keto tortilla for a breakfast burrito.
Are You Looking For More Easy Keto Recipes? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
- Easy Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Rainbow Vegetables with Tahini Dressing
- Tomato, Bacon, and Cabbage Sauté
- Ground Beef and Broccoli Bake
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Cabbage and Sausage Skillet
- Omelette In A Mug
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietician. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 916Total Fat: 78gSaturated Fat: 35gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 523mgSodium: 1743mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 40g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietician. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.
Here are some ideas for the rest of the day:
- Make a cup cake frozen themed.
- Using butter and brown sugar carrots, you can have a tasty side.
- With stuffed mushroom pyrex is the easiest to bake with.
- Try some dorito chicken for lunch today.
- My yummy fried cinnamon roll bites will be a favorite.
- Egg salad with noodles makes for a great lunch.
- Have this tatertot casserole with the family.
- Put my bacon wrapped pork chops in oven and finish the rest of dinner.
- Like crescent roll taco cups, these stuffed rolls are tasty.