As carrot recipes go, these Candied Carrots are easy and incredibly delicious. Whether you’re making these as one of your Thanksgiving or holiday side dishes or as one of the vegetable side dishes that your kids will actually eat, this is one of those recipes that will fit perfectly into your regular meal plan at any time of year.
As a vegetarian side dish that you can serve almost anyone, this is also a gluten-free option for those with restrictions!
You can choose to use either frozen or raw carrots for this, but since it’s a bit more difficult to find raw wavy carrots in the store, you can opt for whichever version is found more easily.
Want another easy side that even the kids will eat? Try my Crispy Asparagus Fries!
Candied Carrots Recipe
16 oz wavy sliced carrots, frozen
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
Boil the carrots in a large pot with one cup of water for 3-5 minutes.
They’re done cooking when the carrots are soft and no longer frozen. Drain the water when they are finished.
Stir in the brown sugar and butter.
Continue to cook the carrots until the butter is fully melted.
Allow the carrots to boil for 2 or 3 more minutes after that.
Serve warm with a little brown sugar sprinkled on top and enjoy!
- 16 oz wavy sliced carrots, frozen
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Boil the carrots in a large pot with 1 cup of water for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the water when finished.
- Stir in the brown sugar and butter.
- Continue to cook until the butter is fully melted and allow the carrots to boil for 2 or 3 more minutes.
- Serve warm with a little brown sugar sprinkled on top.