These Loaded Doritos Nachos With Ground Beef are the perfect game day nachos for a crowd. With tons of delicious toppings, this dish is on the next level!
Easy Game Day Nachos
When you’re getting prepared for the big game, an easy nachos recipe is a must. These Loaded Doritos Nachos with Ground Beef will not only impress your guests, but they’ll take you only minutes to assemble.
Unlike more complicated nachos, this finger food does not require a sheet pan or time in the oven. Simply get all of your ingredients ready and allow your guests to assemble their own from the choice of toppings or put together one huge platter for everyone to graze from.
An easy recipe with tons of bold flavors, this is perfect for the Super Bowl, as an after-school snack, or as a fun weeknight dinner. The entire family will love this finger food no matter when you serve it!
- Make this game day snack to your taste preference. Omit the toppings you don’t like and include the ones you do. This is an easy nacho recipe to tailor to different occasions.
- You can add more of your favorite nacho toppings than are listed in the ingredients.
- Consider laying a piece of parchment paper on the serving platter for easy clean up.
How To Make Loaded Dorito Nachos Recipe:
Ingredients For Doritos Nachos:
2 – 4 cups Nacho Cheese Doritos
4 lbs ground beef
1 cup Romaine lettuce, shredded
1/2 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup grape tomatoes, diced
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 cup French’s French Fried Onions
3 tablespoon olive oil, divided
2 tablespoon Taco Seasoning (I used Ortega)
1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon McCormick’s Mexican Style Chili Powder
1 teaspoon McCormick’s Chipotle Sea Salt
Optional Nacho Toppings:
Salsa or pico de gallo
Sriracha hot sauce
Small bowls (optional)
Step 1: Take out a cutting board and a sharp knife. Dice your onions, bell pepper, and tomatoes, and set each of them aside in their own small bowl.
When you are ready to serve your Dorito nachos, begin to cook your ground beef.
Step 2: In a large skillet, add two tablespoons of olive oil and brown the ground beef on medium-high heat, draining any excess grease. Season the meat with taco seasoning, fresh cracked black pepper, Mexican style chili powder, and Chipotle sea salt.
Once cooked, remove the beef from the skillet with a slotted spoon and place it into a bowl.
Step 3: Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Fry the 1/2 cup of French’s French Fried Onions until toasted, just a few minutes.
At this point, you can either serve the ingredients in small bowls and allow your guests to assemble their own single servings of Doritos Nachos or assemble a large platter yourself.
How To Assemble The Doritos Nachos Recipe
Step 1: Take out a large serving platter and arrange a single layer of Doritos across the bottom. Spread the ground beef in a layer on top of the Doritos.
Step 2: Add the shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, avocado, tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions to the top of the chips and taco meat.
Step 3: Top these with more cheese and the pan-fried French’s French Fried Onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!
How To Store Doritos Nachos
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Keep in mind that the longer you refrigerate your cheesy nachos, the softer the chips will get, so eat these sooner than later.
Can I Use A Different Flavor Of Doritos?
Yes! I like to make these beef nachos with the Nacho Cheese flavor because it goes with the theme of cheesiness, but you can choose Cool Ranch Doritos, Spicy Nacho, or your favorite flavor of Doritos instead.
If you want to give an option in addition to the Doritos brand, you could offer traditional tortilla chips next to your bag of Doritos tortilla chips on the table.
Can I Add Anything Else To This Simple Nachos Recipe?
Yes! Good nacho recipes allow for your absolute favorite toppings and this is no different. Keep things as they are above or add a few others.
Some easy additions would be chopped green onions, black beans or refried beans, sliced black olives, your favorite fresh salsas, chopped cilantro leaves, green chilis, or hot chili peppers.
If you don’t have a Mexican cheese blend available, you can also swap out cheddar cheese, pepper jack, or Monterey jack in a pinch.
I Don’t Eat Red Meat – What Else Can I Use?
This nacho recipe is incredibly easy to alter, so use what you have on hand.
Shredded rotisserie chicken or chicken breasts, ground turkey or ground chicken, or even spicy tofu crumbles would work fantastically here. Add the meat to the top of your layer of chips and continue to add the other ingredients.
Are You Looking For More Delicious Appetizers? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
Sweese 701.101 White Rectangular Platters, Porcelain Serving Plates for Parties – 11.7 Inch, Set of 410 OZ Porcelain Square Side Bowls Set, 4.5 Inch White Ceramic Ramekin for Kitchen, Prep, Side Dishes, Cereal, Ice Cream Bowls, 8 PackLegend Cast Iron Skillet with Lid | Large 12” Frying Pan with Glass Lid & Silicone Handle for Oven, Induction, Cooking, Pizza, Sautéing & Grilling | Lightly Pre-Seasoned Cookware Gets Better with UseAmazon Basics Hard Anodized Non-Stick 14-Inch Skillet with Helper Handle, BlackBANKKY Silicone Spatula Set for Nonstick Cookware, Silicone Cooking Utensils Set 600°F Heat Resistant, Kitchen Utensils for Cooking, Silicone Turner for Eggs, Baking, BurgersGorilla Grip Reversible, Oversized, Thick Cutting Board Set of 3, Easy Grip Handle, Deep Juice Grooves, Slip Resistant, Large Kitchen Chopping Boards for Meat, Veggies, Fruits, Dishwasher Safe, Black
- 4 cups Nacho Cheese Doritos
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup French's French Fried Onions
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoon Taco Seasoning (I used Ortega)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick's Mexican Style Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Chipotle Sea Salt
Optional Nacho Toppings:
- Jalapeno peppers
- Sour cream
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Take out a cutting board and a sharp knife. Dice your onions, bell pepper, and tomatoes and set them aside in separate small dishes.
- In a large skillet, add two tablespoons of olive oil and brown the ground beef, draining the fat. Season your meat with taco seasoning, fresh cracked black pepper, Mexican style chili powder, and Chipotle sea salt.
- Once cooked, remove your beef from the skillet with a slotted spoon and place it into a bowl.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Fry the 1/2 cup of French's French Fried Onions until toasted, just a few minutes.
- Take out a large serving platter and arrange a layer of Doritos across the bottom. Spread the ground beef in a layer on top of the Doritos.
- Add the shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, avocado, tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions.
- Top these with more cheese and the pan fried French's French Fried Onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sweese 701.101 White Rectangular Platters, Porcelain Serving Plates for Parties - 11.7 Inch, Set of 4
10 OZ Porcelain Square Side Bowls Set, 4.5 Inch White Ceramic Ramekin for Kitchen, Prep, Side Dishes, Cereal, Ice Cream Bowls, 8 Pack
BANKKY Silicone Spatula Set for Nonstick Cookware, Silicone Cooking Utensils Set 600°F Heat Resistant, Kitchen Utensils for Cooking, Silicone Turner for Eggs, Baking, Burgers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 781Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 861mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 32g
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietitian. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.