These Honey Roasted Chickpeas with Ginger will easily tempt your taste buds. With sweet honey and a warm kick of ginger, these are a healthy snack on the next level!
Honey Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
If you’re looking for a sweet treat that you don’t have to feel guilty about, you’re going to love these Honey Roasted Chickpeas with Ginger!
Way better for you than potato chips, this crunchy finger food is something you can pack in your purse or serve as a side dish. Pick up a can of garbanzo beans at the beginning of the week at the grocery store and have them ready in 20 minutes.
These roasted chickpeas are the perfect snack for movie night or game night, and a great alternative for those who manage nut allergies. Consider making a double batch because they won’t last long!
- Chickpeas (sometimes spelled chick peas) and garbanzo beans are the same thing. You can use a can labeled with either name.
- Make sure to dry the chickpeas after rinsing them so that the honey mixture can adhere to them.
- You are best off drizzling the sauce over the chickpeas. If you add the chickpeas to the bowl and mix them around, they are likely to fall apart.
- While the chickpeas are baking, shake them halfway through. This will allow the chickpeas to bake more evenly.
How To Make Honey Roasted Chickpeas With Ginger
Honey Roasted Chickpeas Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas 15 oz, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Rimmed baking sheet
Small or medium bowl
Kitchen spoon or wooden spoon
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a metal sheet pan with parchment paper. Set it aside.
Step 2: Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas. Carefully remove the outer skin from each chickpea.
Dry the chickpeas with a paper towel to remove any leftover moisture.
Step 3: In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, honey, ginger, salt, and pepper.
Step 4: Spread the dry chickpeas onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, making sure not to over-crowd them. Drizzle them with the honey sauce.
Step 5: Bake the chickpeas in your hot oven for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy, shaking the chickpeas at the 5-6 minute mark.
Allow the crispy chickpeas to cool before serving and enjoy!
How To Store Leftover Honey Roasted Chickpeas
Store any leftovers in an airtight container on the counter or at room temperature in a bowl for 2-3 days for the best results.
Can I Make These Roast Chickpeas In An Air Fryer?
Yes! To do this, line your air fryer basket with a sheet of aluminum foil and preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees for a few minutes so that it is hot when you add the chickpeas.
Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas, remove the outer layer, and dry them. Add them to the aluminum foil layer in the basket in a single layer. You may have to make two batches to keep them slightly spaced.
Drizzle them with the honey sauce and bake for 7 minutes. Take the basket out, shake the chickpeas around, and then bake for another 5-7 minutes.
Are You Looking For Some Other Tasty Snack Recipes? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
- Easy Pepperoni Rolls
- Homemade Pretzel Dogs With Cheese
- Avocado Cilantro Garlic Hummus
- Easy Italian Hoagie Dip
Pyrex Smart Essentials 3-Piece Prepware Mixing Bowl Set, 1-Qt, 1.5-Qt ,and 2.5-Qt Glass Mixing Bowls, Dishwasher, Microwave and Freezer SafeOXO Good Grips Wooden Small Spoon,BrownRachael Ray Bakeware Nonstick Cookie Pan Set, 3-Piece, Gray with Marine Blue Grips365 by Whole Foods Market, Ginger Ground Organic, 1.52 OunceAmazon Brand – Happy Belly Raw Wildflower Honey, 2 Pound (Pack of 1) (Previously Solimo) (Packaging May Vary)OXO Good Grips Nylon Spoon, Black
- 1 can chickpeas 15 oz, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas. Carefully remove the outer skin from each chickpea. Dry the chickpeas with a paper towel to remove any leftover moisture.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, honey, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the chickpeas onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure not to over-crowd them. Drizzle them with the honey sauce.
- Bake the chickpeas for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy, shaking the chickpeas at the 5-6 minute mark.
- Allow them to cool before serving and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 351mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 5g
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietitian. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.