These Easy Monte Cristo Sliders are perfect for game day! With sweet Hawaiian rolls, melty cheese, tasty meats, sweet jam, and a rich buttery topping, these are a great way to feed your party guests!
Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Finding a great appetizer for game day can have you looking everywhere, but these Monte Cristo Sliders are a fantastic option! A fun twist on your classic ham and cheese sandwich, these are way better!
One of the main bonuses of these Monte Cristo sandwich sliders is that they include a dollop of some good raspberry preserves. Instead of serving it on the side, as one might with a traditional Monte Cristo sandwich, you get it right on your mini sandwich.
This is also the perfect vehicle for leftover ham or leftover turkey. Because these adorable sliders are excellent any time of year, they can also be a fun weeknight meal when you need to finish off leftover sandwich meat. They’re incredibly easy and have great flavor!
- While placing the meats and cheeses on the bottom half, don’t worry about placing items on individual rolls. Place everything across the whole thing. You will slice your delicious sandwiches at the end to separate them.
- In a pinch, you can use whole cranberry sauce, strawberry, or blackberry preserves instead of raspberry jam.
- You can use Aunt Millie’s or King’s Hawaiian Rolls for this tasty recipe. If your grocery store has a generic brand, those will work as well.
- If you’d like to lay down parchment paper or tin foil in the baking pan for easy cleanup, you can.
How To Make Easy Monte Cristo Sliders
Monte Cristo Sliders Ingredients:
1 package Hawaiian Rolls 12 ct
1 package deli ham 9 oz
1 package deli turkey 9 oz
8 slices white American cheese
6 slices provolone cheese
1 cup seedless raspberry jam
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
9×13 casserole dish or baking sheet
Sharp knife or serrated knife
Small kitchen spoon
Small microwave-safe bowl
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and pull out a 9×13 baking dish.
Step 2: Without separating any of the Hawaiian sweet rolls, slice all of the rolls lengthwise through the center. Lay the bottom half of the rolls in the pan. Set the top half of the rolls aside.
Step 3: Layer the ham directly onto the rolls, followed by an even layer of turkey on top.
Step 4: Add the six slices of provolone cheese on top of the deli meat and the American cheese on top of those.
Step 5: Using a spoon, drop dollops of jam on top of the American cheese – one dollop for each roll. Distribute the full cup of jam at this time.
Step 6: Place the top of the rolls onto the sandwiches.
Step 7: In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
Step 8: Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the rolls with the melted butter.
Step 9: Bake the sandwiches in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Step 10: Sprinkle the top of the sliders with powdered sugar to add a finishing touch.
Step 11: Slice your baked Monte Cristo sliders into individual sandwiches and enjoy!
How To Store Leftover Monte Cristo Sliders
Store your mini sandwiches on a plate wrapped tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Can I Use A Different Type Of Cheese In These Sandwiches?
Yes! Classic Monte Cristo sandwiches often contain swiss cheese. If that is your preference, add another layer of cheese or swap out one for the other.
Can I Add Dijon Mustard To My Sandwiches?
Yes! Many traditional Monte Cristos do contain Dijon mustard, but these would be those that are fried and look like french toast before you cut them and are served with a side of raspberry jam.
That said, it would be extremely easy to add Dijon mustard to this savory sandwich at the same time that you add the raspberry jam. Either way, these little sliders will taste great!
Are You Looking For More Appetizer Recipes That Would Be Perfect For Game Day? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
- Easy Fried Cheese Bites
- Crispy Baked Parmesan Asparagus Fries
- Easy Italian Hoagie Dip
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Loaded Nachos With Ground Beef
GreenLife Bakeware Healthy Ceramic Nonstick, 13Farberware Nonstick Bakeware Baking Pan With Lid / Nonstick Cake Pan With Lid, Rectangle – 9 Inch x 13 Inch, GrayOXO Good Grips Large Silicone Flexible Turner, Stainless SteelFootball Serving Tray and Bowl, Reusable Game Trays for Football Gameday, Birthday Parties, Tailgate Party Decorations, Chip N Dip Hard Plastic SetHENCKELS Premium Quality 15-Piece Knife Set with Block, Razor-Sharp, German Engineered Knife Informed by over 100 Years of Masterful Knife Making, Lightweight and Strong, Dishwasher SafeGorilla Grip Easy to Use Knife Sharpener, 3 Sharpening Options to Help Polish, Sharpen and Repair Kitchen Knives, Restore Dull Blades, Slip Resistant Handle, Professional Chef Quality, Jet Black
- 1 package Hawaiian Rolls 12 ct
- 1 package deli ham 9 oz
- 1 package deli turkey 9 oz
- 8 slices white American cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and pull out a 9x13 baking dish.
- Without separating anything, slice all of the rolls lengthwise through the center. Lay the bottom halves in the pan.
- Layer the ham directly onto the rolls, followed by an even layer of turkey on top.
- Add the six slices of provolone cheese on top of the turkey and the American cheese on top of those.
- Using a spoon, drop dollops of jam on top of the American cheese - one dollop for each roll.
- Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the rolls with the melted butter.
- Bake your sandwiches in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the tops of the rolls with powdered sugar to add a finishing touch.
- Slice the rolls into individual sandwiches and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
36 Pack Football Party Favors 5 lb Paper Food Trays Large Football Paper Food Boats Disposable Serving Tray Snack Trays for Food, Condiment, Carnivals, Birthday, Party Decorations (Football)
Burton and Burton Ceramic Football Stadium Chip and Dip Serving Set
DII Everything Football Kitchen Collection, Dishtowel Set, 18x28, Referee Stripes, 2 Piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 870mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 13g
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietitian. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.