This Microwave Omelette in a Mug recipe is an easy breakfast that anyone can make in only 2 minutes! A low-carb, healthy start to the day!
Microwave Eggs In A Cup
If you are looking for a great way to have a quick breakfast with lots of protein and flavor, you have to try this Microwave Omelette in a Mug! A 2-minute omelette that is just the right size for one person.
The best part about this easy mug recipe is that you don’t have to feel like you’re skimping on breakfast. You can put away the protein bars, grab a coffee mug, and have an egg omelet in only a couple of minutes. No worrying about a frying pan on the hot stove here!
Whether you are looking for a low carb breakfast or just easy recipes that go well with busy schedules, this is going to be a new favorite way of cooking your eggs. In mere minutes, this microwave omelette recipe will be ready for you to eat. The total time for this will probably take less time than your current breakfast favorites!
Just grab a large mug, create your favorite combination, and press the start button on the microwave. Add some fresh fruit on the side and you’ve got a filling breakfast.
- You can use the whole egg or just egg whites, so choose your personal favorite.
- Both egg beaters and liquid egg whites will work for this recipe. You may want to microwave these in 30-second intervals to make sure that you’ve got cooked eggs by the end. The cooking time may be slightly different depending on how much you use.
- You can easily add some bell peppers or an extra egg at the last minute, just be aware that the extra ingredients may increase the cook time a bit.
- Eat your omelette just the way it is or add a little sour cream or hot sauce on top.
- You can make your microwave mug omelette at work or in a dorm room on busy mornings. Add the entire egg mixture to a large Ziploc bag and keep it next to a cooler pack. Carry it with you along with a microwave-safe mug and cook your breakfast when you’re ready.
How To Make Microwave Omelette In A Mug Recipe
Microwave Omelette In A Mug Ingredients:
2 or 3 whole eggs
1 tablespoon milk or water
3 tablespoons cooked bacon, diced
1 tablespoon green onions, diced
3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
Kosher salt and black pepper (to taste)
Large microwave-safe mug
Step 1: Spray the inside of your microwave-safe mug with nonstick cooking spray
Step 2: Pour your eggs and milk (or water) into your mug.
Step 3: Season with some salt and pepper and whisk with a fork until everything is scrambled and well combined.
Step 4: Mix in your green onions and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
Step 5: Lastly, mix in your cooked bacon pieces.
Step 6: Stir the contents together to ensure that all of your ingredients aren’t at the top or the bottom of the egg mixture.
Step 7: Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until your eggs are cooked just the way you like them.
Use a pot holder to remove the mug from the microwave, as it may be very hot.
Step 8: Sprinkle your remaining cheese on top of the delicious omelette and enjoy!
How To Store Leftover Microwave Omelette In A Mug
Store any leftovers in the mug wrapped tightly in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I Add Other Ingredients To My Mug Omelette?
Yes! This is just a starting point, but there are all kinds of omelette ingredients that you can add to this great recipe.
Think chopped green pepper or red bell pepper, diced cherry tomatoes, cooked veggie or sausage crumbles, deli meat, or some fresh spinach.
Use any of the basic ingredients that you have around your house or pick up some special ones that tempt your taste buds.
Are You Looking For More Easy Breakfast Recipes? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
- Cheesy Ham Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Muffin Tin Sausage Quiche Cups
- Red White And Blue Breakfast Bowl
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Bacon and Egg Cups
- Halloween Breakfast Waffles
Sweese 609.003 Stackable Mug Set – 21 Ounce Large Coffee Mugs for Coffee, Tea, Hot Cocoa, Set of 6, Cool Assorted ColorsCertified International Mariachi Mugs (Set of 4), 20 oz, MulticolorOXO SteeL 9-Inch WhiskGorilla Grip Original Set of 5 Flexible Plastic Cutting Boards, 4 Large Plus Small Board, Gripped Backing, Dishwasher Safe, Non Porous, Durable Chopping Mats, Food Icons, Multi ColorGorilla Grip Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, Easy Grip Handle, Juice Grooves, Non-Slip, Extra Large Thick Chopping Boards, Dishwasher Safe, Non Porous, Kitchen, Professional Serving, Set of 3, BlackPresto 05101 Microwave Bacon Cooker, Black
- 2 or 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk or water
- 3 Tbsps cooked bacon, diced
- 1 Tbsps green onions, diced
- 3 Tbsps shredded cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Spray the inside of your microwave-safe mug with nonstick cooking spray
- Pour your eggs and milk (or water) into your mug. Season with some salt and pepper and whisk with a fork until everything is scrambled and well combined.
- Mix in your green onions and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Lastly, mix in your bacon pieces.
- Stir contents together to ensure that all of your ingredients aren't at the top or the bottom.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until your eggs are cooked just the way you like them.
- Sprinkle your remaining cheese on top!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gorilla Grip Original Set of 5 Flexible Plastic Cutting Boards, 4 Large Plus Small Board, Gripped Backing, Dishwasher Safe, Non Porous, Durable Chopping Mats, Food Icons, Multi Color
OXO SteeL 9-Inch Whisk
Hasense Stackable Porcelain Coffee Mugs Set of 4 with Metal Stand, 15 Ounce Embossed Cappuccino Cups for Specialty Coffee Drinks and Tea, Multi Color
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 595mgSodium: 937mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 30g
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietitian. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.