Root Beer Float Popsicles
Root Beer Floats are so good that they shouldn’t be reserved only for the glass. This Root Beer Float Popsicles recipe is super easy to make and delicious to boot! With only two ingredients, it’s a perfect recipe for the kids to make or for you to make ahead of time for a gathering. Serve them along with my Blueberry Peach Popsicles if you’re looking for some variety!
Root Beer Float Popsicles Recipe
2-liter of Root Beer
Vanilla ice cream
Food safe popsicle sticks
Take the cap off your 2-liter and let your root beer go flat overnight. If you don’t have that much time, try stirring it gently (for awhile) with a chopstick or other long utensil until you feel that it’s flat.
Once flat, fill up your popsicle molds 3/4 of the way with your root beer. Use a tablespoon to scoop out 3 or 4 tablespoons (depending on how large your pops are) of vanilla ice cream and place them into the root beer. Stir them together with your chopstick/long utensil. Add one more tablespoon of vanilla ice cream on top, but don’t stir.
Freeze for about an hour and then insert your popsicle sticks in the center of each pop. Freeze for an additional 4 to 5 hours. Once frozen, hold your mold under running hot water for a few seconds, wiggle your popsicle sticks, and they will pull right out!
- 2-liter of Root Beer
- Vanilla ice cream
- Take the cap off your 2-liter and let your root beer go flat overnight (or gently stir until flat).
- Fill up your popsicle molds 3/4 of the way with root beer.
- Place 3 or 4 tablespoons of vanilla ice cream (depending on the size of your molds) into the root beer.
- Stir to combine.
- Add one more tablespoon of vanilla ice cream on top, but don't stir.
- Freeze for about one hour.
- At the one hour point, insert the popsicle sticks into each popsicle.
- Allow to freeze another 5 to 6 hours.
- Once frozen, hold your mold under running hot water for a few seconds and they will pull right out!