If you love Samoas Girl Scout Cookies, but have none left in the house, these Samoas Brownies are about to be your favorite new dessert! Even though you can only get Samoas Cookies during a very few months per year, this recipe will fill that need like nobody’s business! With coconut, chocolate and caramel, you’re going to be in love.
Samoas Brownies Recipe
1/2 cup sweet cream unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
8 oz quality dark chocolate (like Ghirardelli), coarsely chopped
1/4 cup and 1 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
3 large eggs
1 egg white
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup and 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
20 – 25 candy caramel squares
3 Tbsp heavy cream
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Start this recipe by making the brownies. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and pull out a stock pot. Over medium heat, melt your butter in the stock pot. Once it is melted, slowly add in and mix your chopped dark chocolate. Stir until smooth. Add in your white and brown sugar and stir until mixed well.
Add all of your eggs and egg white and stir in completely one at a time. Stir in your pure vanilla extract until fully incorporated. Mix in your flour and cocoa powder and stir. It will be hard to see whether the cocoa powder is being stirred in completely, but stir both until the flour is completely mixed in and you will be fine for both. Add your sea salt and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir until both are mixed in completely.
Pour your batter into a 9″x9″ baking pan (using either non-stick spray or lined in foil) and bake for 35 to 38 minutes or until a toothpick (inserted in the middle) comes out clean. Set to the side to cool.
Now let’s make the topping. Set your oven to broil. Take a cookie sheet and spread the shredded coconut out evenly. Place it in oven and toast the coconut until it is golden brown (not burnt). It only takes a few minutes so don’t walk away from the oven! When it’s finished, remove the cookie sheet from oven and put your coconut on a plate or in a bowl so that it doesn’t cook any further.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, slowly melt your caramel squares and add heavy cream in slowly while stirring. Continue to stir until the caramel is melted and smooth. Starting with a little at a time, add the toasted coconut into the melted caramel mixture. If your brownies are cool enough (you don’t want them to be piping hot), spread the caramel mixture over the brownies. If you should choose, you can also melt another 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (in the microwave in 30 second intervals and stir in between) and drizzle lines on top of the caramel topping.
- 1/2 cup sweet cream unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz quality dark chocolate (like Ghirardelli), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup and 1 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup and 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 20 - 25 candy caramel squares
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stock pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Once butter is melted, gradually add the chopped dark chocolate.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add both sugars and mix well.
- Add eggs and egg white and incorporate completely, one at a time.
- Pour and mix in pure vanilla extract.
- Add flour and cocoa powder, mix until flour is completely incorporated.
- Add sea salt and mix.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Pour batter into a sprayed baking pan and bake for 35 to 38 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.
- Set oven to broil.
- Spread shredded coconut evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and toast coconut until it is golden brown, a minute or two.
- When finished, remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add caramel squares.
- At the same time while stirring, add heavy cream until caramel is melted and smooth.
- Starting with a little at a time, add toasted coconut to the melted caramel mixture.
- Stir until mixed.
- Spread caramel mixture over brownies.
- (Optional) Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips (in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between) and pour in lines on top of the caramel mixture.