Mac And Cheese Soup
This Mac and Cheese Soup recipe is something that even the kids will love! Just like any mac and cheese recipe, this soup has elbow macaroni and cheese, but with softened carrots, celery and onions mixed in, it’s an easy way to get a few extra veggies into everyone’s diet. Make this as a starter or as your entree! The Mac and Cheese Soup will serve up to eight people.
Mac And Cheese Soup Recipe
1 cup elbow macaroni
2 Tbsp olive oil
2/3 cup carrots, chopped
2/3 cup celery, chopped
2/3 cup onions, chopped
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp water
8oz can creamed corn
Cook your macaroni according to the package directions and set aside. In a saucepan on medium heat, saute your carrots in olive oil for 2 minutes. Next, add your celery and onions and saute all ingredients for 5 minutes.
In a large pot on medium heat, combine your heavy cream, milk, and cheese. Constantly stir until cheese has melted. Add salt and pepper (to taste) and stir. More salt and pepper can be added later, so don’t over do it.
In a small bowl, mix the water and corn starch until smooth and add it to milk and cheese mixture. Cook until the mixture thickens and starts to boil. Stir constantly while adding the sauteed vegetables, creamed corn and cooked macaroni. Cook until thoroughly heated (a few minutes depending on your heat setting) and serve hot.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup carrots, chopped
- 2/3 cup celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 8oz can creamed corn
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and set aside.
- In a pan on medium heat, saute’carrots for 2 minutes.
- Add celery and onions and saute all ingredients for 5 minutes.
- In a large pot on medium heat, combine heavy cream, milk, and cheese.
- Constantly stir until cheese melts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix water and corn starch until smooth and add to milk and cheese mixture.
- Cook until mixture thickens and starts to boil.
- Stir constantly while adding sauteed vegetables, creamed corn and cooked macaroni.
- Cook until thoroughly heated and serve hot.
- Offer salt and pepper on the table. Serves 8.