These Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Treats are an easy snack for anyone with a sweet tooth! A simple recipe that you can make your favorite way!
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
If you have been looking for an easy way to give the kids a healthy dessert or want one for yourself, these Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Treats are a fun way to make that happen!
With only three simple ingredients that you can find at any grocery store, this frozen covered banana recipe is super easy to make, and can be created AND eaten by the kids themselves!
Another great thing about this homemade chocolate dipped banana recipe is that you can make a big batch and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Store them in a freezer-safe container and bring them out for hot summer days, a special occasion, or if you want a great healthy snack.
If you’re looking for a smaller chocolate-covered banana recipe for a hot summer day, try my Frozen Banana Bites recipe!
- I find that half of a banana is the most manageable size for this sweet treat. Using the entire banana increases the amount of chocolate needed and makes for an overly-filling dessert.
- You’ll want to make sure to have skewers to place in the bananas before starting this recipe. If you don’t have any handy and want to make these, use lollipop sticks, chopsticks, or popsicle sticks in each banana instead.
- If you are giving the treats to young children, it might be a good idea to snip the sharp end of the skewer off with a pair of scissors before inserting or use a popsicle stick instead of skewers.
- Work fast, as the chocolate will harden quickly after coming in contact with the frozen banana!
How To Make Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Colorful sprinkles (as many as you want!)
Peel your bananas and cut them in half. Take some wooden skewers and insert the pointy end into the middle of the banana on the cut end.
Place the bananas on a parchment or wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 4 – 5 hours or until they are completely frozen solid.
Place your chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is smooth and melted. If you would prefer not to use the microwave, you can melt your chocolate in a double boiler or a melting pot instead.
Holding the cold banana by the skewer, dip the top piece of banana into the melted chocolate, covering it until it’s approximately 1/2 covered. Let the excess chocolate drip off.
Immediately sprinkle the candy sprinkles over the chocolate coating before it hardens.
Place your chocolate bananas back down on the cookie sheet to harden (or into a glass cup (skewer side down) to prevent flattening the chocolate beneath the banana.
Serve in about 2 or 3 minutes when the chocolate has hardened fully. Enjoy!
If you are making these ahead of time, but plan to serve the same day, put the sheet pan back into the freezer until later. If they are left at room temperature, they will soften quickly.
Store any leftover dipped bananas in an airtight container, a freezer bag, or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap in the freezer for up to 3 months for the best results.
What Type Of Chocolate Should I Use For These Chocolate Banana Pops?
You’ll notice that I don’t specify what kind of chocolate chips to use in the ingredient checklist, and there’s a reason for that. Use your favorite chocolate!
Milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or even peanut butter chips will work for your delicious sweet treat.
Can I Use Anything Other Than Chocolate Chips For Dipping?
Yes! Chocolate chips are the most readily available option at most grocery stores, but you can also use chocolate melts or even Magic Shell for each frozen chocolate banana pop. They will have a slightly different texture – and the chocolate shell may be a little brittle if kept in the freezer over time – but they’ll taste great.
Can I Use A Different Topping For These Treats?
Yes! You can use your favorite toppings here. Cover your banana popsicles with round sprinkles (like I use), long jimmies, mini candies, M&M’s, or coconut flakes. There are so many topping options, so go for what you most enjoy or do a variety of toppings for the whole family.
Are You Looking For More Delicious Chocolate Desserts? Here Are Some Of My Favorites:
- Crunch Bar Chocolate Bark
- Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Cookies And Cream Oreos
- Chocolate Covered Toffee Pretzels
- Easy Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge With Pecans
- Semi-Homemade Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Samoas Brownies
- Flower Brownie Blooms
Wilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece SetRachael Ray 47425 Nonstick Bakeware Set with Grips, Nonstick Cookie Sheets / Baking Sheets – 3 Piece, Gray with Marine Blue GripsSRXING Bamboo Skewers,Kebab Sticks,Wooden Skewers,Skewer Sticks,Short Skewers,Wooden Kebab Skewers -Skewers for Fruit Kabobs,Shish Kabob, Grill, Appetizer, CornMore Food(6-Inch(100pcs))MVZAWINO Premium Kabob Skewers, 10 Pack 17Wilton 710-4065 Rainbow Nonpareils Food Decorative, 7.5-OunceWilton Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkles Dessert Decorating Set, 8-Piece
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietician. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietician. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.
- These dorito chicken fingers are incredibly easy to make.
- My Stuffed Taco Rolls are like a taco crescent bake except everyone gets their own.
- With this tater tot casserole cream of chicken soup is one of the ingredients.
- A fried cinnamon roll snack is a great option.
- My candied carrot recipe will be one you make over and over.
- My bacon wrapped boneless pork chops are absolutely delicious.
- My stuffed mushroom recipe is very easy.
- My macaroni egg salad recipe is a great way to teach the kids to cook.
- The Dutch people love these cup cakes de frozen.
- This is one of the keto breakfast recipes you’ll love.